Cobalt (or royal) blue has to be one of my favorite colors, both in fashion and decorating settings. The rich tone works well year-round, and has a sophisticated yet fun feeling. I’m not sure I have the nerve to paint a whole room cobalt blue, yet I love the idea of incorporating the color into my life with clothing and smaller home accessories.
Cobalt blue is vibrant yet calming, rich yet approachable…pretty much a perfect color for any and all scenarios. Here are a few home décor elements, are well as clothing and accessories, that feature this killer color.
1. cream & sugar set, $30 here 2. set of 6 tumblers, $42.50 here 3. silk throw pillow cover, $17.50 here 4. set of 5 glass & brass knobs, $30 here 5. velvet round pillow, $33 here 6. 100% wool 2×3 rug, $63 here
1. suede envelope clutch, $63 here 2. color block pleated skirt, $82 here 3. skinny jeans, $88 here 4. studded clutch, $45 here 5. bb dakota dress, $60 here 6. suede platform heels, $70 here 7. nail polish, $2.80 here
I’m all about the ongoing faux fur trend, yet I completely understand why many ladies lack the cojones to rock an over-the-top furry jacket or vest (one reason being their man-repelling nature). Enter the faux fur throw/pillow—the perfect solution to your cozy fur cravings! Faux fur accessories add a touch of warmth and sex appeal to any abode, and with a little digging, can be found for a reasonable price.
Since this is far from a new trend, various retailers have come out with faux fur accessories at budget-friendly price points. Here are a few:
- Suri Alpaca fur pillow, $450 (translation: a horrendous waste of money), VS.
- Woven Workz faux fur throw, $65
- Restoration Hardware luxe faux fur pillow covers, $24-29 (pictured in mink)
- Posh Pelts raccoon tail faux fur pillow cover, $24
- World Market faux mink fur toss pillow, $25
- Pottery Barn ombre faux-fur throw, $79
- Restoration Hardware luxe faux fur throws, $79 (pictured in mink, coyote & lynx from bottom to top}
- World Market chocolate faux fur throw, $60
Or if you’re feeling crafty (and don’t share my strong hatred of sewing machines), check out this diy throw and pillow tutorial!